Vision Statement for St. Helen’s Church of England School
LOVE – LEARN – SERVE
At St. Helen’s Church of England School…
We teach children to love first;
We show children how to forgive and how to reconcile.
We aim to inspire children to learn with joy, curiosity and enthusiasm;
And to strive for excellence in all they do.
We hope for children to develop the aspiration to serve and make a positive difference in the world.
To have the compassion to care and the courage to act.
St. Helen’s Ethos Statement
‘Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Churches at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.’
- To provide a caring, safe environment for all of our children and staff
- To promote the development of the whole child
- To offer a broad, balanced curriculum
- To offer a high standard of education for every child
- To promote Christian values and an awareness and understanding of other religions and world views
- To encourage parents/carers to engage positively with their child’s education
- To provide a quality learning environment that promotes high standards
- To promote positive links with the community – local, national and global