Welcome to Reception,
I hope you’ve had a lovely summer holiday and managed to see some sunshine. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your children. In Reception this year we have myself – Mrs Kent, Mrs Hopkins, Miss Jennings and Miss Daniel. We are also very lucky on a Wednesday to have Mr Waldron who will be teaching PE.
We have put together a range of ‘Stay and Learn’ sessions to demonstrate how we teach in Reception. The list is attached below.
If you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to speak to one of the Reception Team.
|At each of the Stay and Learn sessions you will have the opportunity to:
|Friday 21st September
The focus will be the online learning journey we use at St Helen’s.
|Friday 28th September
|Communication and language
We will focus on the different areas of communication and language and how to embed these key skills in everyday life.
|Friday 5th October
We will focus on how early maths is taught.
|Friday 12th October
This will focus on the early skills of reading and writing.
|Friday 19th October
We will focus on how to encourage and help your child(ren) at the beginning of their reading journey.
Reception Class Blog
- Sun, 01 Oct 2017 15:55:02 +0000: Can you make a repeating pattern? - Class R | St. Helen's
- Sun, 01 Oct 2017 15:55:01 +0000: What would you like from our cafe? - Class R | St. Helen's
- Sun, 01 Oct 2017 15:52:40 +0000: National Exercise Day - Class R | St. Helen's
- Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:06:33 +0000: We are busy writing! - Class R | St. Helen's
- Mon, 18 Sep 2017 13:48:35 +0000: Our first full week of reception!! - Class R | St. Helen's
We have had lots of fun and learning in our first full week. Come into the classroom to see more photos of our learning!