Our Vision – to make every school ‘Outstanding’
WELCOME to the North Devon Teaching School Alliance which has Woolacombe National Support and Teaching school as its lead and Sandy Brown, National Leader of Education as Executive Head.
We are a cross-phase alliance currently consisting of 21 schools age ranging from 2 to 18yrs. We have an Academy, Federations and Church schools with Plymouth and Exeter University and the Local Authority as strategic partners. A full list can be found on our partners’ page.
We concentrate on raising standards and our aim is to make every school ‘Outstanding’.
These are the following areas that we work on:
INITIAL TEACHER TRAINING
- We offer Schools Direct places and we have offered 32 places to date.
- Our aim is for every school in the Alliance to be engaged with initial teacher training and to provide excellence for trainer teachers.
SCHOOL TO SCHOOL SUPPORT AND SPECIALIST LEADERS OF EDUCATION
- We have specialized in this area for over 4 years.
- We have a National Leader of Education, 2 Local Leaders of Education, 16 Specialist Leaders of Education (5 from Key Stage 3 & 4) and 2 National Leaders of Governance.
- Some of our SLEs are involved in a Research and Development programme, others with developing Curriculum Hubs and Initial Teacher Training and supporting other colleagues and leaders to raise standards.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
At present we are involved in the following projects:
- Closing the Gap – Numicon as an intervention
- EYFS Hub Pilot
- New Curriculum Hubs
- Research Learning Communities
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
We tailor training to meet the needs of our Alliance and ensure that we offer quality provision.
We have several training rooms one at Combe Martin Primary School, near Ilfracombe, and the other at Bampton Church of England Primary School near Tiverton. We also use Broomhill Art Hotel and other schools.
Some of the recent training opportunities:
- Phonics in to Spelling and Grammar at Key Stage Two
- Science – The New Curriculum – Science Across the Core Subjects – Science Assessment
- What Makes Great Pedagogy – Chris Husband –London Institute of Education
- Professor Guy Claxton’s Building Learning Power
- Embedding Formative Assessment – Professor Dylan Wiliam
- Getting ready for the KS1 SPaG
We are the North Devon Teaching School Alliance. Our Alliance is made up of 21 schools from across North Devon. These schools are:
We have further strategic partners with whom we work closely these include:
The LEA School Improvement/ Babcock LDP
The University of Plymouth
The University of Exeter
Through these wide ranging and powerful partnerships, we can work with educational professionals and schools in the following , with all of our partners, in order to deliver across the Teaching Schools’ Agenda re ‘The Big Six’:
- Initial Teacher Training
- School to School Support
- Continuing Professional Development
- Identifying and Developing Leadership Potential
- Specialist Leaders of Education
- Research & Development
We have lead schools and partnerships working across these areas for example; Ilfracombe Academy lead on SLEs, East the Water on Schools Direct Initial Teacher training, Braunton Caen on Troops to Teach initiative, Woolacombe on School to School Support etc.
Come see us at http://ndtsa.org