Class 5 Blog
- Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:45:58 +0000: Ground Force Day! - Class 5 | St. Helen's
Today year 5 helped Ms Hawkins to develop out outdoor learning area. And had great fun too!
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:20:10 +0000: Reproduction of flowering plants. - Class 5 | St. Helen's
Class 5 studied the reproduction of flowering plants by dissecting daffodils and making careful annotated drawings.
- Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:42:50 +0000: Snow!!!!! - Class 5 | St. Helen's
St. Helen's had lots of fun in the snow today!!!
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:47:51 +0000: Open afternoon - Class 5 | St. Helen's
Just a few photos of parents sharing in the children's application of learning in class and their creative home learning projects. Thank you to parents for joining us to celebrate and share in our learning. A lovely afternoon was enjoyed by all.
- Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:24:20 +0000: Creative application of learning - Class 5 | St. Helen's
Following on from our last blog which ended with a difference of opinion about whether aluminium foil is a conductor or an insulator, today we discovered the truth. If you want to know how, read on...Today year 5 applied their learning about circuits, conductors, insulators, food chains and life cycles in one neat project. They made quiz games that light up when you get the answer to a question correct!This project involved working collaboratively, problem solving, research using the Internet, persevering when things didn't go quite right AND meeting a tight deadline. What do you think the answer to the foil conundrum is?Fantastic learning year 5! I'm a very proud teacher today!!Tomorrow we will test the games out on parents at our open afternoon and get some feedback about our circuit making skills and the quality of our quiz questions.